Why should I make a food ordering app if I already have a responsive website?
It is not uncommon for businesses to get confused about mobile websites and mobile apps. Many consider there are no significant differences between the two. For example, if you have a responsive website already for your restaurant you may just think you no longer need to go for a separate food ordering mobile app. But you are wrong. You actually require both of them. Let us explain why.
A responsive website is a must
These days, without a website a business literally amounts to nothing. Web identity of business actually became the real business identity. But when most people browse the web and inquiry about products and services on the mobile screen, you need to build your website responsively. Responsive design allows your website to fit into any screen with the optimum user experience. Until 2016, 63% of the global population was mobile phone users and by the end of 2019, there will be more than 5 billion mobile users. Unarguably, the vast majority of this mobile using population are also smartphone users.
Naturally, when it comes to search ranking they are preferred or given priority by Google. So, if you want to reach a larger audience and spread your business, having a responsive or mobile-optimised website is a must. With latest technologies such as Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) and Progressive Web Apps (PWA) are now offering a more app-like user experience, responsive websites have become invincible tools for online branding and brand positioning.
Let us have a look at the key reasons why your food ordering business needs a responsive website.
- A mobile website or responsive website makes your business reachable and available all the time while users do not need to download an app.
- A responsive website can be accessed across multiple device screens.
- While for an app to remain discoverable in app stores is very challenging a website can easily grab search ranks by driving SEO.
- A responsive website fetches your business consistent Google ranking and robust brand positioning.
- Building a responsive website doesn’t require any additional cost as it has become the norm for web developers to build websites with the mobile-optimised design.
- Faster loading speed and easy access to website features and functions are key strengths of responsive website design.
- For a Food Ordering App Development to offer real-time tracking feature, responsive and mobile-optimised web design works great.
Why food ordering businesses should choose dedicated mobile app development?
In spite of all the benefits of responsive and mobile-optimized websites for food ordering businesses, the importance of a dedicated mobile app can’t be refuted. A mobile-friendly website doesn’t offer a comprehensive solution to all requirements typical to a business like this. A vast majority of users spend most of their time on the native apps. This is why having both a responsive website and native mobile apps are important for any online food ordering business to function.
A native mobile app is particularly important to drive regular traction and engagement with your loyal users. Mobile apps also can deliver all the features and functionalities in a well-organised manner to ensure easy accessibility. Remaining available all the time on your device screen a native food ordering app just helps customers to use the service more and often for satisfying their needs. An app also makes a bigger and better brand statement besides offering more frequency of orders and customer footfall.
Let us have a look at some of the key benefits of having a native app for your food ordering business.
- Creating loyal customers and driving loyalty become easier with the native app remaining available on the device screen.
- You can constantly remain in touch with your customers through push notification messages. This will allow providing better service and making promotions as and when needed.
- A food ordering app can help customers rate and rank your service better and create a positive impression easily about the business.
- You can ensure a far better user experience through real-time tracking, chat messaging and in-app communication.
- You can gain a competitive lead over other food ordering businesses with a great native mobile app with the superb user experience.
From all the above descriptions and explanations it is quite obvious that a food ordering business neither can do away with a mobile or responsive website nor it can do without a native mobile app. While the responsive website allows the business to position its brand and services, the native mobile app actually boosts loyalty through frequent orders and engagement. For your food ordering business to experience Continuous and steady growth both play an important role.