The Top-Ranked Songs on the Billboard US Chart
Are you a fan of popular music? Do you love to keep up with the latest and greatest hits? Then you don’t want to miss out on the Billboard US Chart, which ranks the top songs on the charts at any given time. This chart is updated each week, giving fans a chance to see the songs that are dominating the airwaves. Let’s take a look at some of the top-ranked songs on the Billboard US Chart.
#1: “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus. This breakout hit spent 19 weeks on top of the Billboard Top 100, making it the longest-running song of all time. It was the first song to reach diamond status, meaning the track was certified by the Recording Industry Association of America as having sold over 10 million copies.
#2 “Truth Hurts” by Lizzo. This powerful track was the longest-running song to top the Hot 100 in over five years, doing so for seven weeks in 2019. It garnered a handful of awards in its wake, including the Best Original Song award at the 2020 Grammy Awards.
#3 “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran. “Shape of You” held the Hot 100’s #1 position for 12 consecutive weeks in 2017, making it Sheeran’s longest-running number one track of all time. The song was proceeded by “Castle On The Hill” and followed by “Galway Girl”, both from the same album, “Divide.”
#4 “Havana” by Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug. The track spent seven weeks atop the Hot 100 in 2017-2018. Although it peaked at #2 on the Mainstream Top 40 chart, it held the highest spot on the Billboard Top 100 for longer than any other track in 2017 aside from “Shape of You.”
These are just a few examples of the top-ranked songs on the Billboard US Chart. The chart is updated each week, so keep your eyes peeled for the latest and greatest hits!
Twitter’s Most Popular Tweets of the Week
Twitter has been one of the most influential social media platforms, with over 330 million active users. With so much activity and engagement, it can be hard to keep track of what’s trending. That’s why it’s so important to stay up to date on the most popular tweets of the week.
To help you stay informed and get the most out of your Twitter experience, we’ve rounded up some of the most popular tweets of the week. From celebrities to politicians, these top tweets give us an insight into the biggest topics and conversations of the week.
Let’s take a look at some of the hottest tweets of the week:
- Kim Kardashain and Kris Jenner are taking the internet by storm with a picture of them both in matching pink glittering outfits. The side-by-side challenge went viral instantly, and their followers went wild.
- Harry Styles made headlines when he posted a tweet about his upcoming music release, “Treat People With Kindness.” His fans were delighted, and it quickly shot to the top of the #TreatPeopleWithKindness hashtag.
- The coronavirus pandemic is still an ongoing issue, and many celebrities and politicians are using their platforms to raise awareness. Joe Biden tweeted about the importance of staying safe and respecting the guidelines to help slow the spread of the virus.
- Harry Potter fans went into a frenzy after original cast member, Emma Watson, retweeted a picture of her and her fellow actors on set. It was comforting to see that they are still in contact after all these years.
- Alicia Keys was praised when she tweeted about the need for racial and social justice. Politicians in the US responded, and activists around the world echoed the sentiment.
These tweets have gone down in the history of social media, and they’ve reminded us why Twitter is such an influential platform. As we continue to recover from the pandemic and tackle social justice issues, keep an eye out for more top tweets of the week.
Breaking News from Bloomberg
Today, Bloomberg is breaking news there may be an upcoming rise in the price of oil in the coming weeks. Analysts are predicting an increase in the price of oil due to various factors, including reduced production from OPEC nations, increased political tension in the Middle East, and a weaker US dollar. These factors have all potentially contributed to a potential rise in the price of oil in the near future.
As the US, and in turn the global, economy appears to be settling into a slow, yet steady recovery, the potential increase of oil prices may add additional pressure to businesses already struggling to recover. If such an increase occurs and price points continue to climb, businesses will likely struggle to stay profitable, as the cost of production and raw materials increases.
It is also important to note that the increase of oil prices is something that individuals as consumers may soon feel. Rising prices at the gas pump and for everyday goods could take a toll on the average citizen’s wallet, resulting in a need for individuals to adjust their spending habits.
We at Bloomberg will continue to monitor the situation and provide up to the minute coverage of breaking news related to the potential rise of oil prices. We also urge individuals to take necessary steps to prepare for any potential increases in the price of oil.