Even though mobile gaming has to cover a long way before matching the standards set by desktop and console gaming, the gap is getting smaller with each passing year, all thanks to the booming global mobile video game trends. In 2019, mobile game revenue worldwide grew to $68.5B, and it is expected to experience a 12% increase in 2020 and reach $76.7B.
However, not all mobiles aren’t the right devices to experience the best of gaming. For that, iOS is a perfect place to be. Apart from top iPhone games, there are several things that gamers can enjoy, especially on a touchscreen.
The good news is that you can easily connect an iPhone to a game controller. The first thing to ensure is iOS 13. Apple has added the feature to the operating system.
Adding PS4 Controller to an iPhone
There are three easy steps to connect your phone to the PS4 Dualshock controller.
- First, you need to put your controller in the pairing mode. Start with holding and pressing the PS button on your PS4 controller. At the same time, press and hold the share button. Follow the procedure for a few seconds, until the controller’s light begins flashing white rapidly.
- Now, go to Bluetooth in Settings on your iPhone. Ensure the device’s Bluetooth is toggled on.
- When Bluetooth is on, search for DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller in the list. Click on the option to pair it with the device.
When the device is connected to the PS4 Dualshock controller, you can start enjoying your games with it.
(Note: When you want to remove the connection between the controller and your iPhone, go the Settings option on your device and disconnect the connection through Bluetooth.)
Adding an Xbox controller to an iPhone
Similar to a PS4 Dualshock controller, you can easily connect your Xbox controller to an iPhone to improve your gaming experience. However, it is essential to remember that the connection is possible only when it’s an Xbox controller with an option to support Bluetooth connection.
Here are three steps to follow to connect an Xbox controller to an iPhone:
- Begin the process by putting the controller in the pairing mode. For that, press the Xbox button the small Connect button for a few seconds.
- Once it’s in pairing mode, go to Settings on the iPhone. Now, choose the Bluetooth option on iPhone to toggle it on.
- Search for Xbox Wireless Controller in the list of available devices. Click it to pair the device to the controller.
(Note: Disconnect the controller by removing the connection between the device and the controller.)
Adding Third-party Controller to an iPhone
Apart from a PS4 Dualshock controller and Xbox Wireless Controller, you can connect an iPhone to a third-party controller for the gaming purpose.
Here are the instructions to follow:
- Get the controller and put it in pairing mode.
- Now, go to the Setting option on an iPhone and click on Bluetooth to toggle it on.
- Look for the gaming controller in the list and choose it.
(Note: To disconnect the controller, remove the connection between the device and the controller.)
Once the game controller is connected to an iPhone, you can start playing a game. Enjoy!